Tech Developer Frequently Asked Questions
Who should apply?
- Students who identify as Black, Latinx, and/or Native American
- Students enrolled as a sophomore at an accredited, four-year US college or university
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, MIS, and other quantitative concentrations preferred
What is the application process?
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Once you apply, applicants that meet the required criteria will be asked to complete a video introduction. We request this so we can get to know you better, without the stress of an interview!
- Individuals who complete the video introduction will be asked to complete a skills profile on Codio. The skills profile gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your current skill level.
- You will have one week to submit your skills profile from the date you receive the email invitation. We cannot consider any applicants who have not submitted a skills profile. Remember to check your spam folder for correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org!
When can I start applying?
Applications are being accepted now until January 14, 2022.
What is the application deadline?
The application period will close on January 31, 2022.
What is the cost to participate?
There is no cost to the participant. The SEO Tech Developer is generously funded by our partners.
What is the time commitment for this program?
This is an intensive, 300-hour technical training program, which takes place from June-August 2022.
I won’t be able to get a summer job since the program is full-time. What am I supposed to do?
To defray expenses, students will be given stipends totaling $7,000 during the summer session.
What can I expect my daily schedule to look like in the summer?
The program begins in early June with four weeks of part-time pre-work (approximately 20 hours/week.)
The summer residency begins on June 27, 2022, and will run Monday-Friday from 11 am-6 pm ET.
You will also be expected to, at times, work outside of residency hours to complete projects and/or attend professional development events.
The summer residency concludes on August 5, 2022.
Once the summer residency concludes in August, am I finished with the program?
No! One of the most important components of the program is the fall session through the internship prep.
You must be able to commit to completing activities, in your own time, from September 2022 – May 2023.
What can I expect during the Fall Interview prep?
Participants will be expected to complete mock interviews, mentoring, tutoring, and interviewing bootcamps.
You will also be expected to apply for internships. All activities are part-time.
Will the SEO Tech Developer take place in person or online?
The SEO Tech Developer is 100% virtual.
Who are the partners?
The SEO Tech Developer is generously funded by Hg Foundation, Citi Foundation, Wayfair, Workday, Take-Two Interactive and Renew Group Holdings.
Am I guaranteed an internship or job?
Participants cannot be guaranteed an internship or job following completion of the Tech Developer.
However, participants will be able to apply for internships at partner companies that are interested in hiring SEO Tech Developer graduates.